The official monotype challenge!

« Older   Newer »
Jaja~
view post Posted on 21/6/2012, 22:39

Appena trovata per il web, e visto che la nuzlocke ha riscosso successo...

CITAZIONE
Erm...what?
This is probably the first question that came to mind when you clicked this thread. So, I'll explain about the Monotype Challenge. If you're a member of any other Pokémon forums, it wouldn't surprise me if you've either participated in or noticed one of these threads. Normally, people put them out for separate generations, but this thread will manage all generations for the challenge. Monotype literally means onetype, which should explain it enough. But for you slow people, I'll be kind:

The Monotype Challenge is a challenge which can be played out on any official Pokémon game - Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen, FireRed, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver - in which you play through the game normally, but with a twist. When you sign up for this challenge, you must state two things: what game you are playing it on, and what type you are going to use. The type you selected is the only type you can get throughout your playthrough, but any dual-type Pokémon sharing the type and HM Slaves are allowed.

Rules
1. Hacking or using glitches in your game is not allowed.
2. Legendaries are allowed to be used, but are frowned upon - it really takes away the 'challenge' if you use legendary Pokémon.
3. Each region demands a different finishing clause, listed later.
4. If you take upon the challenge, you must regularly make updates on your progress, including your current team, their levels, held items, movesets and any other information you feel necessary to add.
5. You are allowed to quit the challenge at any time, but if you don't feel you can pull through, don't try.
6. Commenting on other's challenges is allowed, but please refrain from having conversations in this thread.

Finishing Clauses
Generation I - R/B/Y/LG/FR - Defeat the Elite Four and the Champion, then successfully capture Mewtwo.
Generation II - G/S/C/HG/SS - Defeat the Elite Four of the Johto League. For an additional challenge, defeat the Kanto League Elite Four as well.
Generation III - R/S - Defeat the Elite Four.
Generation III - E - Defeat Steven for the final time in Meteor Falls.
Generation IV - D/P/Pt - Defeat the Elite Four.
Generetion V - B/W - Defeat the Elite Four. For an additional challenge, defeat Alder and Cynthia.

Accepted Types
To make it fair, you must be able to obtain a member of your type before the third Gym. Any events that happen in the third Gym town that you can obtain a Pokémon of your type are allowed to be caught there, but anything past this Gym is not allowed (no, you can't just skip the third gym or go to any routes that you have to pass through the third gym town to get to.). If I have missed any type, then feel free to let me know and I shall update.

Kanto
Fire
Water
Grass
Normal
Psychic
Poison
Flying
Fighting
Rock
Ground
Bug

Johto
Fire
Water
Grass
Normal
Flying
Bug
Rock
Ground

Hoenn
Fire
Water
Grass
Normal
Flying
Bug
Fighting
Steel
Psychic

Sinnoh
Fire
Water
Grass
Normal
Flying
Ghost
Bug
Dark
Rock
Ground
Poison

So, good luck!
If you wish to take the challenge, post here saying so. I wish you all good luck on your single-typed adventures!

Per chi non capisse l'inglese, spiego le regole:
0. Dovete usare Pokemon di un solo tipo, che sceglierete all'inizio della vostra avventura (per i primi passi, comunque, potrete usare anche altri tipi)
1. Non vale usare trucchi
2. Potete usare leggendari, ma sono sconsigliati (rovinereste la sfida!)
3. Ogni regione ha obbiettivi diversi
4. Se accetterete la sfida, dovrete impegnarvi a postare gli updates delle vostre avventure
5. Potete abbandonare la sfida quando volete, ma se fin da ora non vi sentite in grado di farcela, non provate

Obiettivi:
Generation I - R/B/Y/LG/FR - Sconfiggere i Superquattro e catturare Mewtwo.
Generation II - G/S/C/HG/SS - Sconfiggere la lega di Jhoto e, per una sfida in piů, anche quella di Kanto.
Generation III - R/S - Sconfiggere i Superquattro.
Generation III - E - Sconfiggere Rocco alle Cascate Meteora.
Generation IV - D/P/Pt - Sconfiggere i Superquattro.
Generetion V - B/W - Sconfiggere i Superquattro e, per una sfida in piů, batterli nel rematch e battere Camilla.

Č accettato qualsiasi tipo, a patto che, entro la terza palestra, abbiate giŕ un Pokemon del tipo scelto.
Per questa ragione, solo alcuni tipi rimangono disponibili in ogni regione:

Kanto
Fuoco
Acqua
Erba
Normale
Psichico
Veleno
Volante
Lotta
Roccia
Terra
Coleottero

Johto
Fuoco
Acqua
Erba
Normale
Roccia
Terra
Coleottero
Volante

Hoenn
Fuoco
Acqua
Erba
Normale
Lotta
Acciaio
Psichico
Coleottero
Volante

Sinnoh
Fuoco
Acqua
Erba
Normale
Volante
Spettro
Coleottero
Buio
Roccia
Terra
Veleno

Unima
Fuoco
Acqua
Erba
Normale
Buio
Psico
Volante
Elettro
Roccia
Terra
Lotta
Coleottero
Veleno

Io credo proverň con Pokemon Nero intanto, magari le versioni vecchie, che sono piů ardue, le farň dopo un po' di allenamento! :3
Solo, non so ancora decidermi sul tipo!

Edited by Jaja~ - 27/6/2012, 13:36

¬Napalm
view post Posted on 22/6/2012, 09:37

1. Non vale usare trucchi...

1 replies since 21/6/2012, 22:39   107 views